This junior level position will provide backup support and redundancy to the IT Team. Responsibilities include assisting the IT Team and System Administrator(s) to keep the company network and servers running and to ensure that, in the absence of the System Administrator(s), system availability is continuous. The technology used in this role includes LDAP, MongoDB, MySQL, MariaDB and Galara, Server Enclosures, Tomcat, ActiveMQ, Camel, Logstash, Zabbix, and Elasticsearch
Under supervisory direction:
- Set up and install new servers
- Set up and install new phones, printers, workstations
- Monitor servers in conjunction with the system administrator to guarantee uptime and availability
- Maintain updates to the servers.
- Troubleshoot network issues with switches, routers, hubs, cabling, and ports
- Assist with racking new servers and peripherals in data centers
- Perform second tier support for customers who are unable to have their issues resolved through standard Technical Support due to security or access levels on the servers
- Maintain and update network and server maps
- Perform any other task assigned by the System Administrator or IT Director as needed
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- College level training in System Administrator does not exist, therefore an equivalent to at least one year of network / server support in a Redhat Linux environment is required.
- Strong knowledge of Linux with 3 or more years of experience, including Bash Command Line.
- Knowledge with Windows servers, Windows workstations, printers, PC peripherals, and TCP/IP networking, including standard services.
- General knowledge of computer operations including components and operating system interaction.
- Relevant Certifications: RHCE and/or RHCT.
- Knowledge in Open BSD