This non-management, data entry/MIP Analyst position is responsible for keying in patient demographics from the medical document(s) within a proprietary computer program. Other duties include, but are not limited to the following: Proofreading Medical Bills, Medical Reports, Medical Documents and Correcting Errors
Duties / Responsibilities
- Keying in patient demographics from a medical document within Medata’s proprietary system.
- Identifying medical document(s) as a single image.
- Identifying medical document(s) in detail per page.
- Correcting any errors found on medical documents and/or medical bills.
- All task should be completed in a timely matter, expectations are giving per task.
- Other tasks may be assigned based upon business needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Background in Medical Billing preferred, but not required
- Familiar with many types of computer programs and possess strong typing skills.
- Familiar with basic Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and Excel.
- Experience should include working in fast-paced work environments.
- Accurate typing, spelling, sentence structure, and punctuation. Capable of performing tasks with little supervision. Basic reading, writing, and some mathematics skills required. Experience working in a multitask environment taking direction from multiple staff. Time management is a must, as a majority of the tasks given are deadline driven.